MythTV install workshop?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 1 18:31:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 12:01:24AM -0500, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> Hey All,
>

>                Please include this in your workshop.
>

> How to set up mythtv to skip commercials

I thought by default it would flag commercials.  Simple to enable either
way.  chapter skip (home/end) skips commercials when they occour.  I
tried auto skip, but sometimes it detects them wrong so doing it
manually with one click seems better.

> how to seperate tv shows with a regular cable analog on one and digital on
> the other so you can record 2 shows or watch show and record another at the
> same time.

Well one tuner card means one recording.  I have a dual tuner (PVR500)
which means I can record two shows at once from cable.  Recording
digital cable requires a digital cable terminal and an ir blaster to
control it as well as a tuner card with svideo in to connect to the
digital cable box.  THe tuner card can then either record what the
digital cable box is tuned to, or it can record an analog cable channel.
You can also record HDTV if you get an off the air ATSC compatible tuner
card, and an antenna capable of picking up the HDTV signals broadcast in
toronto (there are some).

--
Len Sorensen