advice and pointers on Apache, Bind/DNS, Ubuntu

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 1 02:38:00 UTC 2006

Ian Petersen wrote:
> I've never done anything with Bind, so if you're married to that
> nameserver, you can ignore the rest, but what about trying djbdns?

Not married to Bind, just what I was familiar with.
I didn't realize djbdns and tinydns were the same thing.
I'd heard of tinydns recently, but I was searching for
lightweight dns.

The data format for djbdns seems much easier to deal
with. I'm just about to try installing it. Thanks for
the pointer.