FC6 bashrc file needed

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 1 02:25:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Ken Burtch wrote:

> Err, assuming it's not a generated file, how do you extract a file out
> of an RPM?  I don't see any options for that.

rpm2cpio "$RPMFILE" | cpio -dim

    You may have to google for rpm2cpio.

    Personally, I wouldn't bother with /etc/bashrc. The first thing I
    do when I install any distro is remove all references to
    /etc/bashrc and any other scripts in /etc (e.g., /etc/profile.d/*).

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>