[OT] Computer Engineering

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 31 14:41:53 UTC 2006

Sticking to the off topic topic, I've always liked this one (I'm a mech myself):

Three engineers were sitting in a bar when the conversation turned to
God.  The mechanical engineer said "God is a Mechanical Engineer."
Being engineers, the other two called for proof.  The mech held up his
hand, and said "Consider the human hand.  27 bones, it's a work of
mechanical genius: we can apply huge force with it, or do detail work
with the lightest touch.  There can be no question - God is a Mech."

"No," said the electrical engineer,  "God is clearly an Electrical
Engineer!"  "Sure," said the mech, "back it up."  "Consider the human
nervous system - the sense of touch, the ability to convey both
information and commands that are translated into movement and control
the highest organism on the face of the planet.  It's brilliant."

More drunk than the other two, the civil engineer said "you both got
it all wrong.  He's a Civ.  's obvious."  "Fill us in," says the
electrical.  The civil engineer replied "Who else would run a toxic
waste dump through a recreation zone?"

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/