Before you think of being a do-gooder...

Brandon Sandrowicz brandon-77Z/iqU1yLlrovVCs/uTlw at public.gmane.org
Mon May 29 15:15:36 UTC 2006

That may all be fine and dandy, but the public only demands 'new and
exciting' when deciding to repurchase something.  If I already have
Microsoft Office, why do I need to purchase the newer version?  These
are the reasons that businesses don't work on repairing old issues.
They would rather you paid for a newer version of their software
every year or two.  The R&D is just a way to entice you to go out and
purchase the next version of the software.   They can then market the
'new and improved features' of the product.  It's not like the public
doesn't demand stable software too.  It's just that not many
businesses are delivering, they are too focused on adding new
features to market and getting the product out the door as soon as
possible.

Brandon