Google Picasa now available for Linux

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 29 15:13:14 UTC 2006

Erebus wrote:
> Walter Dnes wrote:
>>   I want Google Earth... please.  I've seen it on a co-worker's desktop
>> and it's the only thing that gives me Windows envy now (some of the
>> stuff we do depends on geography).
> I agree. The one app that I miss from my Windows days is Google Earth.
> It is one awesome app. Reportedly though there is a Linux version in
> the works. Let us hope that the rumour mill is correct and that is true.

It is indeed true.  I believe Codeweavers (the same Canadian company
which did the Picasa work) is working on that one as well.  There is a
blocking issue relating to how wine does windowing with OpenGL and no
eta, but it is a work in progress see http://www.winehq.com/?issue=314
for more details.

Cheers,
Marcus