Question about Debian Unstable & Stable

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon May 29 13:46:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 01:00:57PM -0400, bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> If I have debian unstable installed, could I set up my sources.list to
> ONLY check STABLE sources? Would this cause any problems? I'm
> wondering if this would be a way to ensure less possibility of updates
> "breaking" anything. Or are there dangers in doing this?

Well if you change your sources.list to stable when you run unstable,
you won't see any updates anymore since everything in stable is older
versions.  You won't see any security fixes either of course.

Isn't it simpler to simply stop upgrading?  The end result is the same,
at least for a couple of years. :)

Len Sorensen