Before you think of being a do-gooder...

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun May 28 15:37:53 UTC 2006

Case in point. Computer Dealer News Volume 22, Issue 7 May 12, 2006
"Canada's Channel Voice for IT since 1985"

Leafing through...
Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,
Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,
Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,
Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft,Microsoft...

...Full page advertisement page 9:
Field Guide to the Microsoft Partner Program
Chapter No. 4
Whoever Has The Most Skills, Wins. (I'm not sure what they win likely a
cupie doll or a mini flashlight with a old style cheapie battery)

Drawing of man and woman in business clothing (tie, skirt etc.) fishing
in a stream (no word of a lie) with a net...and there are fish in the
net...

Another drawing of a man in white shirt and tie laying out survival
camping gear on a blanket seemingly in the woods...

So what do I interpret? Well I look at this based on what I know of
Microsoft's manipulation of the masses, expert financing and logistic
capability that if I don't team up with Microsoft I won't have a prayer
in succeeding without their partnership. But I know from past experience
that Microsoft is a back stabbing monopolist in the market place that
creates sub standard product (kind of like the Volkswagen was to cars
way back when). Knowing that Microsoft intends to continue to dominate
the market (we'll ignore Google since it's still more promise than
reality) what do I do? Sell Linux? To who? How? Why would a manager of
an office with 25 users want Linux? What the hell is Linux anyways?
Who supports Linux? What about that fad application (see: push
technology) will it run? What about my free time on weekends? Vista is
actually here (the toilet paper) ...seems it'll to everything including
wiping your butt. see: htt://www.TorontoNUI.ca

While we don't have a century of programming languages we do in fact
have a significant amount of legal and marketing experience to sell
'anything to anyone' as long as the buyer has the perception the product
will titillate and/or calm insecurity. Prostitution is far older than
bricklaying or metalworking. The core issue is not certification. The
core issue is being sold a bill of goods that is a work in progress. No
guarantee. You get the perception of ease of use while the reality is
another story, clueless support, complexity in the product which is
spiraling out of control, aggressive developer which will sue you.
Imagine going to Canadian Tire and having lawyer following you out of
the store attempting to verify if that Bar B Q you just bought is being
used by more than one family...give me a break.

RickT

http://www.TorontoNUI.ca