Question about Debian Unstable & Stable

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 27 18:17:11 UTC 2006

bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I have debian unstable installed, could I set up my sources.list to
> ONLY check STABLE sources? Would this cause any problems? I'm
> wondering if this would be a way to ensure less possibility of updates
> "breaking" anything. Or are there dangers in doing this?

Disregard previous answer. Debian stable only gets security updates. But you're
running Debian unstable and it's hard to downgrade to stable. Stable may not
have the packages you want (xorg for example).

You may want to check the topic on #debian on irc.debian.org for serious
breakage before doing an apt-get upgrade.

Ivan.