[OT] free classic Scientific American magazines

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 26 22:25:58 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to get reduce my hoard.  So I'm getting rid of my
> accumulation of Scientific Americans.
>
> These are from the good old days of the magazine when many of the
> articles were actually written by people doing the work described.
> Many with "Mathematical Games" by Martin Gardiner.

SciAm published a column (since discontinued) called "Amateur
Scientist", detailing DIY experiments. One cool thing I discovered
this week is that all the columns from the 1920s to the late 1990s
have been put on CD - and its available at the public library.

Oh... and I am trying to reduce my hoard of stuff as well. That is why
I like having this material in a digital format. :-)