Google Picasa now available for Linux

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 26 19:42:07 UTC 2006

Giles Orr wrote:
> On 5/26/06, Jason Shein <jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> This is currently restricted to US only, but us Canadians can access
>> the files
>> from here:
>> http://picasa.google.com.nyud.net:8080/linux/
>
> I love the idea, and appreciate Jason posting the link.  But I'm
> finally beginning to realize one of the major reasons I've become such
> a huge fan of the GPL: I don't have to read it.  I know what it says
> and what it means.  Every time I install proprietary software, I have
> to read the license - in this case, 2167 words of legalize.  And it's
> only that short because Google isn't (entirely) "evil."

Agreed. 100%, if I see GPL, I dive right in. Otherwise, it takes too
much time to read a license -- I'd rather search for an alternative
GPL'ed equivalent, regardless of functionality unless it's really
terrible or lacking. Picasa, hmm, looks good, but f-spot and the gimp
are all I'll *ever* need. The usual no one ever thought they'd need most
of the programs/functions etc. caveat applies here...

Jamom