Google Picasa now available for Linux

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 26 19:01:35 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Jason Shein <jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> This is currently restricted to US only, but us Canadians can access the files
> from here:
> http://picasa.google.com.nyud.net:8080/linux/

I love the idea, and appreciate Jason posting the link.  But I'm
finally beginning to realize one of the major reasons I've become such
a huge fan of the GPL: I don't have to read it.  I know what it says
and what it means.  Every time I install proprietary software, I have
to read the license - in this case, 2167 words of legalize.  And it's
only that short because Google isn't (entirely) "evil."

Prime quotes:

... you may not use the Picasa Software in an automated manner

The Picasa Software may communicate with Google's servers to check for
available updates to the Picasa Software ... [although it does ask for
permission to download, and you can disable this functionality if you
work at it - but it should be disabled by default]

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org