html frames question

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue May 23 07:53:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2006, Peter wrote:
>>
>> Your page illustrates my problem perfectly ... in FF the buttons are just a
>> tiny little bit larger than the frame they sit in ... but in Opera they are
>> 1 pixel smaller, so there is a white border inside the frame ...
>
>   The problem is that there are too many nested box elements. Get rid
>   of the table; it's not necessary.

But in my case I can't. It's like this: Either I rely on a frame defined
in % or as absolute. If it's % then I have to specify everything inside
in %, and I can't. How do you specify a font size in % ? So then I
specify in px, and everything inside in px, and it works, but eventually
something gums up the works and there will be a border or something like
that throwing a wrench into the works. Catch22.

Peter