html frames question

tech jh.tech-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon May 22 12:00:59 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,
I think we traded in frames for css long ago.
In answer to your question, frames are spec'd in pixels or % so depending on
your need the % might handle your needs if they are straightforward. From
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/frames.html
Attribute definitions
rows = multi-length-list [CN]
    This attribute specifies the layout of horizontal frames. It is a
comma-separated list of pixels, percentages, and relative lengths. The
default value is 100%, meaning one row.
cols = etc...
I know zip about TCL but just checked out a random example "Sets up vertical
inside another frame". ... That looks like html frames to me.  However,
after a quick glance around the web (is that possible?) I'd say that fans of
frams are on the run ... screaming.
best,
john