Linus Torvalds interview on CNN

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat May 20 04:18:38 UTC 2006

Way back in college I took a course called 'Visions of the Media' or
something like that and the focus was the lies advertisers, and the
general mass media tell us. The point is that while we like to switch on
the TV and believe we are being told the truth there exist other forces
at work which dictate the 'slant' of the truth we are receiving. Whether
infowars.com, Micheal Moore etc. is true or not is largely irrelevant.
If you take enough half truths and mix them up eventually you'll get
something which resembles the whole truth. Free speech is a major
component of infowars.com, the truth is secondary. CNN exists first and
foremost to make lots of money for the owners. If CNN told me to run
north to safety I'd run in any other direction except north.

http://www.TorontoNUI.ca