Rogers and NNTP

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat May 20 01:26:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 03:47:55PM -0400, Brandon Sandrowicz wrote
> Something like GigaNews or EasyNews would work, but you are paying
> for the amount of bandwidth being used.  This might not appeal for
> usage of text only NNTP access (I think the minimum amt. you have to
> pay for is something like 5-10GB of bandwidth per month).  There's
> also Google Groups (groups.google.com), which is text-only, but web-
> based (no NNTP access).

  Astraweb ( http://news.astraweb.com ) has pay-by-download plans.  You
buy a certain number of gigabytes, and keep downloading until you use it
up.  *IT DOES NOT EXPIRE!!!*  You can always purchase additional
gigabytes.  I purchased 65 gigs on 2004-10-01.  My current status is...

    Your Account:       Pay-by-Download
  Account Status:       Active
Bytes Downloaded:       9,154,066,283 bytes (9.15 GB)
  Downloads Left:       55,845,933,717 bytes (55.85 GB)

  I use it mostly for text, with rare binary downloads.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca