Mail admin question: one user, multiple domains...

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 18 14:02:59 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I've scoured the net in vain for an answer to this question, and it
may be as much because I'm not sure if I'm asking my question
correctly. Which is why I turn to the geniuses on this list... :-)

I have a server hosting multiple domains. My user on that machine,
aaron, wants to have separate POP accounts for the machine. So I'd
like to have

aaron-WNbSnoOWcWBBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org, and
aaron-dL8jOpOjefRBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org

Currently, mail sent to either address goes to both POP accounts in my
mail client. This makes sense of course because I'm logging in as the
same user.

But how can I have separate logins? I've seen where some ISPs do
sufficient aggregations that they change their system so you have to
log in with your complete email address. I'd like to keep the same
user on the system, but segregate the email somehow.

Thanks!
Aaron.