[OT] audio connection help

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 18 04:55:29 UTC 2006

I'm hoping to stumble into a couple of people who know about audio.

I'm not sure how to search for answers, since these are all shortforms
for audio terms.. and are a quite annoying to search for / research.

I have a bit of a mystery on my hands with my motherboard (ASUS K8N)
audio connections vs my case (Antec Sonata) front-case connections.

The motherboard has a block of 9 pins:

1 2 3 x 4
5 6 7 8 9

1 - agnd
2 +5VA
3 BLINE_OUT_R
4 BLINE_OUT_L
5 MIC2
6 MICPWR
7 Line out_R
8 NC
9 Line out_L
x = not labelled/used.

Most of that makes sense.  The case, however, has a bunch of single
lines which are labelled thusly:

FPOUT-R
FPOUT-L
MIC
RET-R
RET-L
MIC BIAS
MIC GND

I don't know how these match up.  On top of that, there are seven
lines for 9 items on the motherboard.  8 if I think that NC means "no
connection".

Ideas?