Events....

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 17 20:22:24 UTC 2006

--- John Van Ostrand <john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 12:53 -0400, Colin McGregor
> wrote:
>
> > Key question that I
> > will want to hear them try to answer is "Why
> should
> > any firm get into a commercial relationship with
> SCO
> > when a loss in court to IBM, RedHat, Novell and/or
> > AutoZone means game over for SCO?".
>
> Nice. I'm going to use that if I ever find someone
> who wants to use SCO.

SCO has had a strong hold in the POS (point of sale)
market (smart cash registers). Quite frankly if I were
a current SCO POS client I would be walking as quickly
away from them as practical. Some firms may have
thousands of POS boxes out in the field, and changing
their OS is NOT something that can be done overnight,
but the writing is on the wall, one of the firms SCO
is battling in court will take them OUT.

Colin McGregor