Ziff-Davis presents...

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed May 17 15:06:55 UTC 2006

Click through once more to an "operating system" on that list shown as "x86". You
will find that now that you narrow the field down to the Intel processor, Linux
is first (3405), and Windows is second (758). All others are way in the rear of
the pack. Of course, since this is x86, you can't directly compare this to MacOS
and others.

But FreeBSD is now at 84 - only slightly ahead of BeOS (75); something called
JxOS is at 273 (slightly ahead of SCO at 271); another one I don't know: Bug OS
at 228. These 3 OSes are in third, fourth and fifth place for the x86.

pjk

On 17 May 2006 at 10:34, John Van Ostrand spaketh these wourdes: