Ziff-Davis presents: Windows vs Linux!

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 17 13:37:45 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I use GMail, which presents 'suitable' ads (for some definition of suitable)
on one side of the screen. While viewing the latest thread on running
Firefox w/ Java on x86_64 architecture I saw a Google ad for another
'independent' (for some definition ..) web site asking the age old question,
Windows or Linux?

I visited, curious, and saw Ziff Davis, a long time Microsoft ally, at the
bottom of the opening page, The conclusion (Windows!) was pre-ordained, but
I filled out the survey anyway (What's your number one concern in using Open
Source applications? [] Indemnification [] Interoperability [] Performance
[] Reliability [] Security), noting that TCO wasn't listed. The percentages
on the survey were all nice multiples of 2%, so it could be that I was the
fiftieth person to answer the survey. Or just lucky.

Anyway, the web site is at

  http://www.serveriq.net/category2/0,1874,1873037,00.asp

and I find myself wondering, is there a tally anywhere of the pro-Windows
and pro-Linux web sites anywhere? A blog showing the latest news and issues
would be fascinating to read. If only there were more hours in the day.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario