Census, could it be any slower ?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 16 14:27:20 UTC 2006

--- Dave Cramer <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> So I have no idea how far I am in the census, they
> don't have n of M
> indications on the page.
>
> This is absolutely a piece of kife.
>
> Many of the questions are redundant, for instance:
>
> My kids are obviously not native americans if my
> wife and I aren't.

No, it is not totally obvious, if your children were
adopted then they MIGHT be native american even if you
and your wife are not (granted this is an unusual
case, but ...).

> Here's a good one: "On the job what language did
> this person use most
> often?" Considering I already answered that I don't
> speak french, I
> think it's safe to assume I don't use it for work.

True, but I would assume they are after the folks who
say speak English at home and say Cantonese (or some
other languange that is not one of Canada's official
languages) at work or vice-versa.