Dynamically setting mountpoints writeable or read-only??

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Mon May 15 05:20:08 UTC 2006

>  So how do I prevent this in future?  Here are my options...

Use the automounter. The target directory will not exist without a
device and an error will be flagged if you try to use it.

Alternately, do all device mounting by script and create the target
directory just in time, then destroy it on unmount.

ALWAYS check the return value from mount and umount.

Peter