IBM on a downward spiral?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 15 03:30:57 UTC 2006

On 5/14/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I always respect Cringeley, so it was interesting to read in this latest
> column an interesting analysis of Big Blue.
> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20060511.html

It was funny that open source got a small mention just by way of
reducing the head-count for a "pillar".

let's see.. if Apple dies.. a smirk and a finger to a bunch of
fanboys.  Microsoft.. lan party at my place.  Intel.. I'm not sure
about this one.

eBay was mentioned.. umm.  What a terrible experience that crap has become.

Google.. strangely, a lot people really like them.  I'm seeing them
grow increasingly more Evil.  Their advertising racket is a real scam
from some angles.  I'm especially intrigued at their doctored numbers.
 Ever done manual tracking when you don't trust Google's numbers?
They respond with "whoops, here's your money back".

I do like the mention of horizontal vs vertical and when one
competitor swallows another, it's one evil replacing another.. with
similar tactics.  The Real World (tm) doesn't work like that, of
course, but it's always amusing to read the assumptions.