Debian Etch

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat May 13 22:32:08 UTC 2006

Hello

After hearing someone say something nice about the testing suite of
Debian (Etch), I downloaded it and attempted an install. There was a
problem right off with hardware detection. It not only detected my
hardware, but even hardware that didn't exist (wrong MB, wrong IDE card,
etc.). While it loaded the right module for my network card (ne2k-pci),
it failed to connect to a network. So, I decided etch wasn't for me.

I thought it would be good, because my hardware is not bleeding-edge,
and so there would be a greater chance of configuration. I guess I was
wrong. Anyone else have a similar problem with Etch?

Paul King