Printer issues - NRG C7425hdn printer

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat May 13 06:30:32 UTC 2006

Hi all,
 I am having a problem setting up Redhat EL 4 to use a NRG printer above.
The reason being, when you use system-config-pinter script and you reach the
stage where you have to select the printer's vendor, NRG doesn't appear as
an option. I have tried using the generic driver and it doesn't seem that
helpful.
 Now,  I would be very grateful if someone out there who have worked with
this particular printer with some success would share his/her experience
with us. NRG is not mentioned anywhere on Redhat website which make me
suspect they may not be supported. Someone could however have figured out a
way of working within this constraint and that is the advice I am seeking.

Thanks in advance
William