Census 2006

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed May 10 17:59:45 UTC 2006

Scott Allen <scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On Tue May 09,2006 08:03:05 PM James Knott wrote:
> > Perhaps everyone should try the site and then call the support
> > line for help, when they can't connect.
>
> The web site has a "Computer Requirements and Settings" link which
> specifically states the browser versions and operating systems supported.
>

> <http://www50.statcan.ca/census2006/settings_1-0_e.htm>
>
> So if you call for help (instead of just to complain) then you're only
> showing your ignorance or lack of web savvy. The support person could,
> rightly, point you to this page and then tell you to use the mail-in form.

Good point.

I'm curious if they're using paper vs. on-line response to collect statistics
about computer usage. If so, their stats will be bogus. As someone at
Statistics Canada might actually be concerned about gathering decent
statistics, this might be another way to approach them. Just a thought.

> I took a suggestion that I saw posted on this list (sorry, can't remember by
> who) and voiced my displeasure in the comments section at the end of the
> form.

Otherwise known as the let them blow off steam on the form so they don't call
us section. :-)

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada