FC5 Pukes on my machine

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed May 10 14:13:46 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 02:10, Robin Humble wrote:

> the easiest way is to eg.
>   yum install koffice kyum k3b ...
> which'll download those apps from a yum mirror and automatically drag in
> all the dependancies with it... or you can try and optimise things and rpm
> -Uvh a file of rpms off the fc5 dvd...

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll play with it some more, hopefully YUM will
install enough from the DVD that I can see if I want to spend more time with
it. I really don't want to RPM a lot of things from the DVD, if Yum can't use
the DVD,  then its over.

At least I'm not having Annaconda problems.  And as one user said, if you
don't want to,be a beta tester, stay away. Well I have not used Red Hat
regularly since 6.?, and it seems it will stay that way.

Cheerio

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can