SCAMP, the ugly dog

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 10 02:30:15 UTC 2006

On 5/9/06, Charly Baker <cmb-h7HJ8Pof2EbbR28j2ZUwYgC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > > No it doesn't.  It raises the question.  "Begs the question" means an
> > > entirely different thing to people who are fussy about language and
> > > thought.
> >
> > Please, do give a link or story to explain some more.
> >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beg_the_question

Neat.  I happen to disagree, as most of my language is
barbaric/mutated slang that's usually specifically engineered towards
a particular reader and apparently obfuscated to others.  (Think
"inside jokes")  But to be honest, i'm not enough of a student to
learn proper English.

There's a lot of even more interesting reading buried a couple of
clicks through that link.  Thanks for sharing.