Fetchmail Question

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 5 14:47:27 UTC 2006

Vince Fry wrote:
> We're currently looking into replacing Exchange here at work, and one of
> the solutions we're currently testing is Citadel (citadel.org).
>
> Everything is working very well thus far, with one exception.
>
> We have several Blackberry users. We currently forward their mail
> directly from Exchange. OUr guinea pig for this with Citadel is having
> his forwarded through fetchmail. The only problem with this is when he
> opens his mail client (Thunderbird), his messages are marked as read.
>
> Here's the fethcmailrc:
>
> poll 127.0.0.1 with proto pop3
> uidl
> user "user1" there with password "*****" is user1-+D8dom/p7m7rxkFu3R+SStHuzzzSOjJt at public.gmane.org
> keep smtphost "/usr/local/citadel/lmtp-unfiltered.socket"
>
>  From what I understand, the uidl command along with proto pop3 should
> keep the unread flag. Is this correct? Any suggestions on how to correct
> this?

I've never had a problem with read flags and fetchmail. That being said,
I went with the first configuration I came up with that actually worked.
I have a few extra pieces that may or may not be necessary -- I haven't
read anything more than my local fetchmailrc file *that works* (on
Debian stable):

user 'me' there with password '**' is 'me' here options fetchall

The two parts I've got are "here" and "options". I'm trying to remember
what happens without the fetchall option, whether mail was marked as
read or not -- I had it setup like that once before I got a stable
configuration.

Hope my markedly more rudimentary configuration can shed a little light
on your problem?

Jamon