akregator no longer opens firefox tabs

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 4 03:10:23 UTC 2006

Tonight I dist-upgraded my Kanotix (debian sid) box, and now the
feature in Akregator that allows you to open news articles in tabs in
Firefox no longer works.

Before, I had this setting in Akregator preferences - which allowed me
to use Firefox as my external browser, and would open a news article
in a new tab in Firefox when I right-clicked on a news article and
chose 'Open in external browser':

firefox -remote 'openURL(%u,new-tab)'

Now this no longer works. Googling for a solution, the suggestion
keeps popping up to change this setting to:

firefox %u

...but this only starts up Firefox and opens the first article you
selected. After that, no new articles are displayed.

Any suggestions how I can resurrect the old functionality of opening
articles in new tabs on a external browser (firefox)? Thanks.

--
Daniel W. Armstrong
:: build-it-yourself biology    http://biohackery.com ::