Census 2006

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 3 21:08:35 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 16:43, Michael Newman wrote:
> > I tried to complete the censes2006 form online and I was refused entry.
> > I get this message: "Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements
> > to access this site". I'm using the latest FF and java. Same with
> > Konqeror. Are they blocking Linux?
>
> I just tried the site in the latest version of Firefox on Windows XP. It
> worked just fine (though they did show a warning that I might receive
> script errors, and to hit the "cancel" button when I do).
>
> Looks like they may indeed be blocking Linux.

I am using the user agent switcher on Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Ubuntu 5.10
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=59

It works fine for me if I select IE6 on XP

I don't have my access code yet to fill out the application to test it all the
way through, but I get that far at least.

On the census site the browser requirements are as follows:

# Microsoft Internet Explorer can be downloaded from the Microsoft Web site.
# Netscape Navigator can be downloaded from the Netscape Web site.
# Firefox can be downloaded from the Mozilla Web site.
# Mozilla can be downloaded from the Mozilla Web site.
# MacIntosh users can download the appropriate version of Safari from the
Apple Web site.

I can get it to load in default Firefox if I go directly to the page after
browser detection
https://www50.statcan.ca/census2006/index.html?lang=e&page=/statcan/
LoginEN.jsp&listener=/statcan/Entrust/EventListener.js&signApp=TRUE

It may or may not work though.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca
On-Site Computer Services - Available 24/7

Earn your service for FREE! Ask about our referral program.