Census 2006

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 3 20:52:09 UTC 2006

Michael Newman wrote:
>> I tried to complete the censes2006 form online and I was refused entry.
>> I get this message: "Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements
>> to access this site". I'm using the latest FF and java. Same with
>> Konqeror. Are they blocking Linux?
>
> I just tried the site in the latest version of Firefox on Windows XP. It
> worked just fine (though they did show a warning that I might receive
> script errors, and to hit the "cancel" button when I do).
>
> Looks like they may indeed be blocking Linux.
>
> You think that's bad, the Canadian Blood Services site used to block
> anything that wasn't IE running on Windows!

The strange part is that the online tax services let you use Firefox on
Linux and are recognized by NetFile and Revenue Canada as meeting their
standards. Admittedly this may only be an encryption check, but go figure...

Take a read of this blog: http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/2417
Apparently OSX users have access. Boo.