How to bring Fedora Core 3 to its knees!

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed May 3 03:15:40 UTC 2006

Okay, kiddies! Here's what you do ...
Stick a defective CD in your CD-ROM bay and run the "find" command.
It works until it comes to something wrong in one of the directories,
then the kernel starts ripping through so many I/O errors (seemingly
dozens per second), that your only choice is to reboot, even if you have
files open. You can't bring down X (ctrl+alt+backsapce); you can't ctrl
+alt+delete; you can't do SFA!

Works like a charm :-)

I am trying to build a database of my copious CDs I have accumulated
over the years, and was lucky I made backups when I had to do this to an
open database file.

Paul King