OT - 802.11a Wireless equipment for sale

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 31 20:55:06 UTC 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 15:44, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:56:44PM -0500, Jason Shein wrote:
> > I thought I would post this here before listing the equipment on eBay.
> >
> > If anyone is experiencing problems with interference with other 802.11b,g
> > networks, then this may be the solution for you.
> >
> > 2 x Sony Vaio PCWA-A500 802.11a wireless LAN Access Points
> > 1 x Linksys WPC55AG 802.11a,b,g Wireless PCMCIA Card - uses the madwifi
> > drivers
>
> But that would interfere with my cordless phone. :)  Or vice versa.
>
> Len Sorensen

Yes but 802.11a has 12 non-overlapping channels versus 802.11b/g which has
only 3 ( ch 1,6,11 )

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca
On-Site Computer Services - Available 24/7

Earn your service for FREE! Ask about our referral program.