"U.S. Asks European Union to Be Fair in Microsoft Case"

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 31 20:46:52 UTC 2006

> When will it stop?

Exactly 3 days after h at ll freezes over, or boils over, whichever happens
*last*. These guys are in it for the money, nothing but the money, and
all of the money, and there is nothing that they won't try to get and to
keep it. Becoming a monopoly and getting fat on revenue for so long
after having defeated fair justice on their own turf opens an appetite
for making it permanent everywhere if possible (or impossible). I no
longer react to such news at all because I sort of expect them to keep
their own standards as high as possible. They are sort of setting the
records. After all they blow all that money on lobbies for a reason, no
? I do not remember reading anything resembling what they usually get
away with since stories from colonial times about rubber, opium, silk
and related valuable substances (19th century or before).

This is related to Linux in the sense that we may be looking at a
scenario that will be repated often if successfull. As in, lobbying
government(s) against open source software on various grounds,
successfully. Or just plain buying them off if possible (smaller
countries have GNPs smaller than this firm's assets).

Peter