slowwness at boot (hours)

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 31 15:24:32 UTC 2006

Hi

I have an issue with my RAID1 system. I use Mandriva 2006 on x86_64.

First the system hangs while running fsck on one partition. I solved this by
booting on a live cd and running fsck from there. I ran fsck -y /dev/sd{a,b}
5.

From the live cd, I also ran mdadm --examine <drives> and it tells me the
drives are in sync.

Now, I reboot from the hard drive and I get one array which is missing a
drive. But worse, the boot process is extremely slow (it can take hours to
fire one daemon). I have also a couple of bad looking reports such
as /dev/tty0 does not exist, and some other config files missing. Would you
know what is causing this? Is the data corrupted? Can I get it back?

Thanks

marc