IPCOP-VPN name resolution

teddy mills teddymills-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 31 13:37:55 UTC 2006

I have been setting up the IPCOP 1.4.10 distro at everyone's
place who has a highspeed internet.

The Linksys Routers I used to use, (now sits unused) has an
IPSEC VPN and L2TP pass-thru option, but no real IPSEC VPN running.

The software I use is IPCOP 1.4.10 and TauVPN (Microsoft Support
Tools are required to get a working IPSEC.
By default, Microsoft only supports a L2TP VPN. (Even XP with SP2)

IPCOP solution works great.
I have a proper IPSEC-VPN at various locations around town.

The only problem is, getting Netbios name packets thru the VPN.
Netbios name packets I do not believe are a routeable protocol.
So what should work? Wins? Dns?

I say this only because there are still Microsoft boxes out
there. But all the cool stuff is Linux.