The SCO Group City to City Tour

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 31 01:58:13 UTC 2006

--- interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> So what?  Well, The SCO Group is holding another
> city to city tour to
> promote their company.  This year they have a stop
> in Toronto on the
> 18th of May 2006 at Dave and Buster's.  And it's
> free.  Registration is
> required.
>
> http;//sco.com/c2c_2006/index_pm.html
> http://sco.com/c2c_2006/toronto.html
>
> So if you think that you can sit through their sales
> pitch you can let
> them spend a day wining ind dining you.  Let them
> cast their marketing
> dollars on barren soil.

Cool. I was at their event 3 years ago just after they
started started the whole "We own Linux" @#$%. Good
food, unkind comments about SCO from people who had
worked for/with them, and some goodies that I later
auctioned off on e-Bay.

The roughest comments I heard were from a former SCO
reseller who in order to close a sale with a MASSIVE
fast food chain needed to support some odd ball point
of sale terminals. This was a deal that would have
been worth 10s if millions of dollars for SCO, but SCO
refused to write the driver need to support those
point of sale terminals. The reseller offer to pay SCO
to develop said driver and again got no where. Seems
that at the time it was SCO's position that the
hardware vendors like point of sale vendors had to
write drivers, not SCO...

There was also an ex-SCO employee there looking for
current SCO clients to move to his new employeer's
offerings ... Microsoft (talk about downgrading :-) ).

As for SCO stuff I got and sold via e-Bay a copy of
SCO's mail server packages. Plus I got several SCO
T-Shirts that make some of SCO's more aburd claims re:
Linux, some of which I sold via e-Bay (I will sell the
last one when IBM (or RedHat, or Novell, or ...) turns
SCO into a smoking crater (soon I hape)).

So, I have signed up for this event, I can enjoy a
free feed, hear nasty gossip and depending on the swag
it may be a profitable day :-) .

Colin McGregor