Linux World Updates

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 30 21:47:27 UTC 2006

Christopher Browne wrote:

>If I do not misremember, the last NewTLUG meeting had, as speaker, one of the GTALUG board members.

I was at the last NewTLUG meeting. We discussed plans for LinuxWorld and
there was nobody from GTALUG there.

In any case, I'm fascinated by the logic which infers that merely having
someone make a presentation at a meeting entitles them to speak on the
attendees' behalf.

>You are free to comment however you like.

I accurately stated the misrepresentations and conflicting statements.
You or anyone else are free to refute; if any evidence exists that
GTALUG provides resources to run NewTLUG, as was claimed, let's see it.
A further check into facts indicates that Herb had problems with the
phrase "_the_ voice of three Toronto area Linux user groups", yet that
wording remained in Colin's final blurb.

>It would be unfortunate if you were to poison the ongoing good relations,

I have, on multiple occasions, tried to establish contact to enable
better relations between GTALUG, NewTLUG, and other groups in the
region. I spoke with you personally at length about the benefits of
doing this and you appeared to agree. Yet even getting the courtesy of a
reply to requests to the GTALUG board, directly or through
intermediaries such as yourself and William, appears to be an impossible
task. I have made concrete suggestions about plans to increase GTALUG
membership, but have yet to even be heard on them by the Board. And I
have heard offline from other area LUGs that want nothing to do with GTALUG.

If these are good relations I hesitate to ask what constitutes bad. I
welcome any attempts to improve this situation.

- Evan