Please stop spamming this list with Microsoft related messages

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 29 22:30:19 UTC 2006

http://www.forbes.com/home/enterprisetech/2006/03/22/ballmer-microsoft-linux-cz_df_0322microsoft.html

Steve Ballmer, when posed the following question by Forbes 23-Mar-06:

"You mention intellectual property. What's going on in terms of
Microsoft IP showing up in Linux? And what are you going to do about it?

Responded as such:

"Well, I think there are experts who claim Linux violates our
intellectual property. I'm not going to comment. But to the degree that
that's the case, of course we owe it to our shareholders to have a
strategy. And when there is something interesting to say, you'll be the
first to hear it."

When people talk about shareholders, they're not talking shit. They
*will* do what their shareholders demand. *That* is what scares me.

Thusly I think it's well deserved keeping them under a microscope and
giving it to the them whenever possible, with the ultimate and no doubt
unattainable goal of putting them out of business and every microsoft
employee out on the street. Probably not going to happen, but the
thought makes me smile. They've got karma to pay back, and you have no
way of denying that ;)

Hopefully folks will do it in a wise fashion, but sometimes it's hard to
hold back considering how they've tried to destroy various projects that
I use and am interested in, not to mention their whole M.O. of
embrace-extend-extinguish.