Book on Bash

Ken Burtch kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 27 21:33:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 12:40 -0500, Neil Watson wrote:
> I'm looking for a good book on BASH.  Titles on my short list:
>
> Learning the Bash shell, ISBN: 0596009658
> >From Bash to Z Shell: Conquering the Command Line, ISBN: 1590593766
> Linux Shell Scripting with Bash, SBN: 0672326426
>
> Can anyone offer reviews or other recommendations?

Well, there's a lot of useless Bash books on the market.  If you're
looking for one that has realistic and practical examples, background
information and history, and how to make the most of Bash, I hope you'll
consider my book.  I'm also on this list and I can offer you help with
any questions.

Andrew Pollack describes my book as a "rare find" and a "must-have" for
Linux developers
(http://www.thenorth.com/APBLOG4.nsf/Threaded/C1DF55A1F3321BD185257131004521CB).

Ken B.

Ken O. Burtch                                     Phone: 905-562-0848
Author "Linux Shell Scripting with Bash"            Fax: 905-562-0848
http://www.pegasoft.ca                            Email: ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org