Please help. Problem configuring X on Dell Optiplex GX260 RH 7.3

Russ Heaton rheaton-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 26 22:10:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

	I'm having trouble configuring X on a new install of RH 7.3 on a
Dell Optiplex GX 260.  Xconfigurator seems to know that the monitor is
a Samsung Syncmaster 570v TFT so that part is probably Ok,  but I
think the problem is with the graphics controller.  I have no idea
what graphics controller or chipset is in this machine.  I DO know
that it's integrated on the motherboard and it is *probably* Intel.
Other than that I don't think can provide any more details.

Alternatively, would it be better to just get a low-end (I don't need
3D graphics) PCI or AGP board?  If this is the case, could you
recommend one?

Any help in getting me pointed in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Russ