Please stop spamming this list with Microsoft related messages

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 25 23:38:25 UTC 2006

--- Leah Cunningham <leah-L9i2b+zLJ9LIrURfT66hzQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I almost never post a message like this, and I
> apologize to those this does not apply to.

Basically I agree, the only time the Microsoft name
should come up is in issues that have a VERY DIRECT
link to Linux. This is not in the Microsoft is doing
something stupid type thing or how badly Microsoft
software sucks, but, well let me offer a small example
that has been on my back burner for a while.

I am somewhat fond of some Microsoft mice and
keyboards. I have a Microsoft "Wireless Optical Mouse
2.0". From the documentation I gather there is a
Microsoft program that can tell you the battery state
in the mouse. In other words with the regular mouse
movement/click information the mouse is also
transmitting some sort of battery state information.

Does anyone know if there is software already written
that will tell me mouse battery state on my Linux box?
Barring that is their documentation on how a Microsoft
box tells the mouse battery state? A VERY low priority
project, but it would be nice to take full advantage
of my hardware under Linux. It would be neat every 5
months or so to get a "This is your mouse e-mailing
you. It is time to change the batteries." message :-)
.

Anyone suggesting a Microsoft software solution MAY
get  hurt, badly :-) .