CLUE at Linux World [was Re: Linux World Canada Show task list.]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 25 20:32:52 UTC 2006

| From: Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org>

| PS: CLUE (booth 704) will be offering free digital certificates (through
| CaCert.org) and key-signing throughout the show.

This kind of thing is best done with participants who come prepared.

Have you a write-up describing the cacerts.org certs?  Uses,
limitations, strengths, best practices?  This stuff is a bit tricky.
http://www.cacert.org/ is not very helpful.
http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=19 looks to be a little better.

Have you a write-up for the keysigning?  What kind of keys (gpg, I
assume)?  What protocol (and why, so people know what parts are
important)?  What ID should folks bring?  Should they bring copies of
their key signature preprinted for handing out?

| We will also be working
| with a number of open source user groups to educate visitors about the
| attempt by the new government's plan to re-establish a new copyright
| bill entrenching DRM.

Very important!

What you are planning sounds great!  I would certainly hope that TLUG
members realize how important this stuff is and support it.  GTALUG
too.