Intuit Software (Quickbooks etc) under Linux?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 24 14:53:28 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>

>> Is anyone aware of how well Intuit Software runs under different
>> emulators
>> for Windows? eg, Crossover Office, Wine, Win4Lin.
>
> It runs fine under Qemu with the kqemu module loaded.  We ran it for a
> while before going back to Sql-Ledger.

This is *very* interesting. I didn't know about Qemu at all. Based on
Herb's experience, I think Win4Lin sounds like a suitable and somewhat
simpler approach, but I'll keep one eye on Qemu.

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto