new/old motherboard, new problems?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 23 18:05:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:34:14AM -0500, PW Armstrong wrote:
> Gee, nobody had any insight/ideas on this, or did I miss a reply?  Lenn,
> you usually have some insight into this kind of stuff.  (I know, I know,
> it's old stuff).  Any suggestion is appreciated.  Thx.

I still stand by my opinion to avoid PS2 mice with KVMs.  The PS2 mouse
protocol is too screwed up to work reliably that way, unless the KVM is
doing an excelent job emulating the mouse while switched away from the
system (most do not do so).  Perhaps there are options in linux for
reinitializing the ps2 port when it detects a change on it.  I just
stopped using ps2 mice and went to usb instead.  No problems ever.

Len Sorensen