My Linux Infrared Remote Control article

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 22 13:29:50 UTC 2006

--- Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 3/21/06, Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
> > Now, one of the things I got a bit of flack on
> > previously was that I did not mention David
> Patrick
> > and Linuxcaffe in a past article, something that
> has
> > now been adressed (briefly) in this article. Next
> > question is are there folks here who REALLY want
> > see their name in print and who I have not
> mentioned
> > so far. GTALug people that I have mentioned so far
> in
> > what I have written:
>
> Those who REALLY wish to stand out will find a
> number of ways to do
> so.  You shouldn't catch flak for "missing" someone
> here or there.

I write for a number of reasons including:

- Great excuse to play with new technology
- Promote myself
- Make a few dollars
- Have some fun

although not necessarily in the order mentioned :-) .

What I am NOT interested in doing with my writing is
getting people annoyed at me. It is the "I don't want
people annoyed" bit that I was attempting to address
here.

> > - Peter L. Peres
> > - David Patrick
> > - Sacha Chua
> > - Behdad Esfahbod
> > - Sim Brigden
> > - Edward Chin
> > - Leah Cunningham
> > - Seneca Cunningham
> > - Marcel Gagné
> > - Teddy Mills
> > - William Park
> > - Jeffrey Pikul
> > - Bill Thanis
> > - Pavel Zaitsev
> > - Sacha Chua
> > - William Park (*)
> > - Herb Richter
> > - Evan Leibovitch (*)
> >
> > (*) I have not yet seen the Linux Format issue
> which
> > has the bit I wrote. Still as submitted there was
> > brief reference to all the people mentioned, but I
> > also gather William Park and Evan Leibovitch were
> > edited out...
>
> Same goes for LinuxFormat.  Or anyone else.
> Everybody's got different
> situations to keep up with.

The mention of William Park and Evan Leibovitch for
Linux Format was part of a caption showing 4 people
gathered around a table at a "Tim Horton's" coffee
shop after the January NewTLUG meeting. Of the 3
pictures I sent to Linux Format that picture was the
weakest, and likely why they dropped it.