Question about plotting graphs in Gnumeric

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 20 03:56:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 11:33:37AM -0500, Howard Gibson wrote

> Try Open Office.  OO Reproduces Word's obfuscated chart routine, but
> eventually, you will get the job done.

  Anything but OO.  Last time I looked at OO, it faithfully emulated MS
Office's bloat.  Between...
  - the bloated OO code itself
  - the hard-coded Java dependancy
  - the need for PAM-headers (WHY ?!?!?) if attampting to build from
    source tarball

...I'm looking at well over a gigabyte of garbage.  If we're going to
complain about MS trying to ram its "standards" down our throats, at
least let's be even-handed and apply the same treatment to Sun and its
Java-mania.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca