Remote use of XDMCP

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 20 02:13:49 UTC 2006

Ivan Avery Frey wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>> I have my WiFi (with WEP) on the outside of my firewall.  To reach my
>> home network, I have to use either SSH or the VPN.
>>

> To echo Robert Brockway, can your Wifi setup be made to use WPA. The
> Wifi ought to be part of your home network behind the firewall.

Given that WiFi security isn't that great, I tend to disagree.  However,
that is irrelevant to the problem, as I also use the VPN from elsewhere
and using it over my WiFi connection makes it easier to test.  The only
other method I have of testing the VPN & what passes over it, is via
dialup.  Also the VPN over WiFi works well, as it's generally
transparent to what I'm doing.